Pioneers in Professional Translation
Founded in 1972 in New York City, TransLingua’s mission was to provide language training for professionals in government and industry. As the global marketplace expanded, our clients’ need to communicate in an increasingly wide array of languages grew. In order to meet those needs more efficiently, TransLingua joined with The Translation Company of America, assumed the translation arm of the French Institute Alliance Française (fiaf) and merged with Language Matters in Boulder, Colorado, to offer a comprehensive range of services in over 100 languages all over the United States and abroad.
Owned and operated by women, TransLingua’s management team is comprised of leading linguists from around the world. This means the rate of our growth, the translation tools we use, and our expansion is dictated by our commitment to deliver the highest quality translations.
- Corporate member of the American Translators Association (ATA)
- Member of the New York Circle of Translators (NYCT)
- Member of the Colorado Translator’s Association (CTA)
- Corporate Member and Sponsor of the French Institute/Alliance Française (fiaf)
- Member of the Swiss-American Chamber of Commerce
- Member of DiversityBusiness.com
Awards and Certifications
- Top Diversity Business Awards in 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, and 2016
- WBE certified by National Women Business Owners Corporation (NWBOC)
- WOSB Certified 2016